Monday, February 7, 2011

Grilled Tuna with Olive Tapenade

I saw this recipe while running at the gym, and it sounded really healthy and delicious. I LOVE olives! Especially randomly snacking on them for a little salty treat. But apparently I had never really had a tuna steak, and can't say I'm a huge fan. I also had the boyf do the grocery shopping, and he went to a sketchy Giant, so the fish most likely wasn't very fresh. But he also mistakenly got some salmon, which wasn't awful.Taste: The olive tapenade was great! 
Texture: Chunks of olive- how could you go wrong?
Would I make this again?: I will probably never try to cook tuna steaks ever again. Apparently I don't even like the taste? But I would make the tapenade to put on other things! 

Grilled Tuna with Olive Tapenade

1/2 cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup chopped green olives with pimientos
1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon capers
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Tuna:
4 (6 to 8-ounce) 1-inch thick tuna fillets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a medium bowl, combine the olives, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, oil, capers, and lemon juice.

Spray a grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.

Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Grill the tuna until desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes per side. Serve the tapenade over the grilled fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment