Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Best Thing I Ever Ate : Katz's Delicatessen

Katz's Deli
205 East Houston Street
NY 10002
I had seen this place on multiple shows (Best Thing I Ever Ate, Man vs. Food, etc) so I knew I wanted to grab a sandwich. The place is crazy, the line was out the door when we left. There are 4 lines at each deli slicer, and no one really knows what they are doing. You get a ticket when you walk in and they write what you get at each station. First you get a sandwich, then go to another counter for fries, then another for drinks. It was a mess! But once you figured it out, it worked. 
The boyf and I split a Corned Beef sandwich as they looked huge. And we made a good decision, I barely ate 1/4 of it! It was filled with about 10 layers of corned beef. It normally comes on Rye, but since I'm not a fan, we got it on a sub roll. The sandwich was massive, but really delicious! It came with a plate of home-made pickles which tasted more like cucumbers, but were good.
The other famous sandwich there is the Pastrami, which we will probably get next time. Overall it was a fun experience to see where "Harry met Sally" and all the famous people's pictures on the wall. The deli came up on both our boat and bus tour, so I'm glad I can say I have been and have tasted the humongous sandwiches! 
Katz's Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment