Monday, November 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Oreo Cupcakes = FAIL

So I attempted to make some Peanut Butter Oreo Cupcakes for a friend's birthday, but it was a total fail. Apparently converting an Australian recipe is harder than I thought. Won't be picking any recipes in the future that calls for grams and milliliters. Also, apparently heavy whipping cream and milk is not a good substitute for buttermilk, who knew? haha oh well. I actually didn't try these cupcakes, but apparently they tasted good, but were hard as rocks. So I'll spare you, and not even post the recipe. But they do look great! 
We smashed a Reese's in the middle before baking.  Then frosted with a delicious peanut butter cream cheese frosting.
And then made an extra special cupcake with sprinkles for the birthday girl!
Man, I really love the way rainbow sprinkles look. I must use them more often! Oh well, better luck next time!

2 comments:

  1. i love fails!!! at least they look soooo pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should post the recipe for the frosting because it was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete