Monday, May 17, 2010

ben's chili bowl

So after living near Washington, DC my whole life, I FINALLY went to Ben's Chili Bowl. I've heard so much about it, and have been talking about going forever now. But what finally got me was watching The Food Network and The Travel Channel this weekend and seeing it on 3 different shows! So I knew there was no better time than a random Sunday to make the trek to U Street. 
I'm not going to lie, it was pretty good, but wasn't the BEST chili I've ever had. It was a fun experience to visit the place and the pictures of all the famous people who have gone: (Obama, Denzel, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock..), but I wouldn't go back for the food. We got the famous Half Smoke, a hot dog with half pork and half beef, which was pretty good. And the chili fries were decent, but nothing I would write home about. 
But I'm glad I went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment