Monday, April 12, 2010

creamsicle cookies

This weekend I made these delicious cookies!! They are actually from Risa's super cute blog, a KPMG coworker who works with my old roommate! I can't wait to make some of her other recipes. These cookies are SO good, everyone was obsessed with them. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of orange zest for the creamsicle flavor, but as 2 friends stated "These would be bomb / baller ass F-ing sugar cookies without the orange." So I may be making these again soon without the orange and with different colors. Here is the recipe: 

Creamsicle Cookies (a.k.a Orangebursts)

recipe adapted from Guittard 

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange zest
2 cups Guitard Choc-Au-Lait Vanilla Chips **

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and chips.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

** I couldn't find these at Harris Teeter so substituted vanilla flavored chocolate discs (the ones you use to make chocolate lollipops with molds - SO fun as a kid!) It worked well by just breaking them up, and they come in every color! I found them at AC Moore. 

3 comments:

  1. Make these and bring them to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you loved these cookies! I have been terrible about updating my blog lately, but I have another orange cookie to post :)

    ReplyDelete